The STRIA South Transdanubia Regional Innovation Agency in connection with the REGONS 4FOOD Interreg Europe project participated in the INNOSKART Cluster Winner Project Webinar on 11 February 2021.
The project introduction webinar and application tip collection showcased up-to-date food industry innovations through examples from three IoT projects.
Balázs Weibel, CEO of Cubilog, presented their SENSWINE project. With the help of sensors built into the wine production process in their wineries, they could control the fermentation from the beginning to the final product, with online traceability and intervention.
Advantages of the technology:
- online monitoring of the fermentation process with continuous sensory measurement, analysis of measured data, feedback to the next production cycle,
- the possibility of immediate intervention,
- increase the capacity utilization of production equipment by optimizing the time of the fermentation process,
- cooling circuit, control of cooling energy consumption,
- optimization of human resources,
- the omission of daily samples, the exclusion of the possibility of test errors.
The next speaker, Zoltán Beke, Managing Director of REACH Solutions, spoke about the intelligent data management options available in the food industry. One of the top priorities for manufacturing companies is to maximize production and ensure resource efficiency, which can be greatly helped by their FEB project. With sensors built into production lines, they are able to filter out manufacturing defects and identify their causes.
The third introduced project, ImProWings, aims to minimize food safety risks during the production process using digital devices.
More information about S3Food: https://innoskart.digital/projektek/s3food/
Following the presentations, the organizers presented the current application opportunities.
The Regions 4Food project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund and Hungary.