Regions 4Food agri-innovation project aims to close the gap between innovation and the market and to bring developments to the market in the form of marketable products. The exchange of experience, started in the previous periods, enters the last third, therefore the stakeholders and agri-innovation experts of the project meet in the frame of an online peer-review meeting on 7 May 2020, where the action plan was the main topic. The Agricultural Research Institute, the Ministry of Finance, Campden BRI Hungary were present, and Open Inno Kft. assisted the work as an external expert.
The coordination of the action plan focused on the policy direction, the Digital Agriculture Strategy (DAS), the strategy for the modernization of the food processing industry and he Economic Development and Innovation Operational Program (EIDHR) in the field of support policy. One of the cornerstones of the development of actions is the selection of appropriate good practice and its transposition into the Hungarian practice.
Four actions were identified:
- Action 1: Capacity building of agrarian start-up enterprises
- Action 2: Fostering the cooperation of agri-food actors
- Action 3: Supporting agri-food sector by encouraging digital technologies
- Action4: Meeting of digital natives and traditions in rural areas
Good Practices selected as inspirational & justification/link with actions
- Action 1: Andalucia Open Future and Minerva (ES)
- Action 2: Frami Campus and Food Forum, Agro Living Lab & eLiving Lab projects, ResQ Club (FI)
- Action 3: Data in animal welfare (FI), YOOKR Dashboard, Tree Mania (NL)
- Action 4: Agriculture robot, The digital farm (FR)
During the consultation, our experts set a good policy direction, which will help to continue the working process to achieve the set goals.
The project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund and Hungary.